Alert Information for our Customers
*As a reminder, Citizens Bank will never contact you requesting your personal information. If someone attempts to gain access to your information please refrain from giving it to them and call a customer service representative at 575-647-4100.
Debit Card Alerts
Debit card blocks outside of the US
Due to excessive fraud with debit card transactions in foreign countries, Citizens Bank will be blocking all non-US transactions. However, if you need to make a specific transaction in another country or are planning a trip abroad, we do have the ability to allow your debit card to work for a specified timeframe.
Debit card restricted areas due to fraudlent activity
Due to a high incidence of fraud in the cities and states listed below, we have placed a temporary debit card block. You will still be able to use your debit card in some of these locations, but will be required to enter your PIN to complete transactions. You will still be able to complete online purchases.
Please contact us at 575-647-4100 to answer any questions about using your debit card and how we can help ensure you have access to your money while away.
Starting in August 2017, the EMV chip will be introduced to our debit cards. As cards expire, you will be reissued a card with an EMV chip.
• EMV cards are more secure than the magnetic stripes on traditional debit cards.
• EMV cards contain microprocessor chips inside which make it harder for anyone to steal your account information during payment.
• To use the EMV cards, insert your EMV chip into the terminal slot. This is called “card dipping”. Once dipped, data flows between the chip and the financial institution to verify the card’s legitimacy, creating the unique transaction data.
FRAUD PREVENTION SERVICE
In our continuing efforts to keep your accounts safe, we've improved our alert system for potential fraud.
Here's how it works:
- When potential fraud is detected, you will receive an automatic email notification from Citizens Bank of Las Cruces, with the option to reply with "fraud' or "no fraud".
- One minute after the email, you will receive a text alert from 32874 between 7am and 9pm EST, which will also have the "fraud' or "no fraud" option.(*See Below)
- If there is no response received from you, five minutes after the text alert, you will receive an automatic phone call to confirm or deny the fraud.
Remember- Our messages WILL NEVER ask for your PIN or account number.
*The phone number for our fraud center is 1-800-417-4592. If you add this number to your phone contacts and label it "Fraud Center", it will display whenever you get a call from this number. As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at 575-647-4100